Three Easy Noodle Recipes to Welcome Spring
With spring just around the corner, it’s high time to ease down the spring fever and try these delectable easy noodle recipes seasoned with the best spices and herbs for a natural and suitable Asian flavour.
Satisfy your food palate with these healthy noodle recipes that pack a punch and are easy to prepare using Ettason’s restaurant-approved dried Asian noodles such as Osha Kongmoon Rice Stick, Wu Mu Hand-Pulled Noodles, and Wu Mu Yellow Oil Noodles.
Fried Rice Noodle with Belachan
Fried rice noodles are a classic Asian noodles recipe and one of the easiest Chinese-style dishes.
This fried rice noodle recipe mixed with Amoy’s Belachan Convenient Sauce. Belachan sauce is a sauce well known in Malaysia; it is a mix of shrimp paste, canola oil and chilli.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of Amoy Belachan Convenient Sauce
- 250g of Osha Kongmoon Rice Stick
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1 piece ham, shredded
- A dash of bean sprouts
- A dash of yellow chives
- Soak the Osha Kongmoon Rice Stick for 15 minutes in warm water then drain.
- Scramble and fry the egg.
- Heat the wide frying pan and wipe the surface with oil to avoid noodles from sticking. We recommend non-stick pans for this recipe.
- Add the Belachan and rice noodles then fry until slightly browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Optional: Add a dash of salt as desired.
Chinese Hot Oil Noodles
This classic dish is called “You Po Mian” in Chinese and is enjoyed by most Australians because of its rich oriental taste. The best part about this recipe is it only takes 15 minutes to make.
- 4 oz. Wu Mu hand-pulled Noodles
- 1 bunch of spinach, bok choy or choy sum, separated from its stalks
- 1 teaspoon Amoy premium light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Amoy premium dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Osha Chin Kiang Malt Vinegar
- Osha Dried Chili Crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped scallion
- Chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil, preferably Chief Chef Vegetable Oil
- Boil the Wu Mu Hand-pulled Noodles until well-cooked.
- Add the leafy greens and blanch in the same pot.
- Transfer cooked noodles and greens to a bowl and add Osha Dried Crushed Chili, scallion, cilantro, minced garlic, salt, light soy sauce, vinegar and dark soy sauce
- Heat oil in a frying pan and wait until tiny bubbles form on the surface.
- Turn off heat and pour oil on the bowl of Asian noodles, greens and spices.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly then serve.
Stir Fried Chicken and Broccoli with Noodles
This quick yet healthy recipe is a good protein source with a cooking time of only 20 minutes.
- 250g of Wu Mu Yellow Oil Noodle
- Boneless chicken breast cut into chunks
- Olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- ¼ cup Amoy premium light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Amoy oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Uni Eagle Sriracha sauce (optional)
- Mix in a small bowl with the Amoy premium light soy sauce, Amoy oyster sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and Uni Eagle Sriracha sauce.
- Cook noodles in boiling in water.
- While the noodles are boiling, add broccoli and cook for about 2 minutes then drain.
- Heat olive oil in pan and cook chicken until golden brown
- Add broccoli and noodles together with the sauce mixture and stir fry together.
- Serve and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You can add a playful vibe to your noodle recipe by garnishing it with carrots, boiled century eggs and shredded cabbages. Ettason’s noodles are versatile and can be used as a substitute in any noodle recipe. Discover more Asian ingredients at Ettason and share us your own versions of Wu Mu noodle recipes on our Facebook page.