Braised Bean Curd with Mushrooms
Fresh Shiitake mushrooms 70g, straw mushrooms 70g, white crab mushrooms 140g, ginger 4 slices, garlic slices 8 pcs, 1 stalk spring onion (sectioned), Tofu 210g
Amoy Genuine Oyster Sauce 2 tbsp, water 3 tbsp
- Trim off the stems of fresh Shiitake mushrooms. Rinse and squeeze out water. Trim off the stems of white crab mushrooms and rinse.
- Cut off the stems of straw mushrooms with knife. Make a cross at the bottom of the stems to make them absorb the flavour better. Rinse and set aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water with 2 pieces of ginger. Add straw mushrooms in boiling water and cook for 2 mins. Add white crab mushrooms and cook for 1 min further. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- Cut bean curds into 8 pieces. Place them in the heated oil and semi-deep fry over high heat until golden brown. Drain off oil and dish up.
- Sauté 2 slices of ginger and garlic slices. Add mushrooms and stir fry. Add seasoning and bring to a boil. Add bean curds. Stir fry until the sauce reduces. Add spring onion and mix well.