|Ingredients (approximately 2 cups)
50g Torto Peanut Dessert Mix
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup whole milk
2 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon cornstarch
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup finely chopped dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (optional)
1. In a heavy-based saucepan, heat milk until hot. Do not boil.
2. Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch and peanut mix in a small bowl until thick and smooth.
3. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the hot milk, whisking constantly. Cook the mixture over low heat until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
4. When the custard is thickened and smooth, pour it into the bowl and chill in the refrigerator, about 1 hour.
5. Using an Ice Cream Maker (eg. Donvier or Cuisinart): stir the heavy whipping cream into the custard and mix until combined. If using chocolate, mix into the custard now. Pour into the ice-cream maker and churn the mixture until thick. Remove ice-cream from machine and pour into container to freeze until firm, about 2 to 4 hours for a firmer ice-cream. Serve.
6. Alternative method (by hand): Whip the cream until it is thick. Fold into the custard (add optional chocolate) and pour into a plastic container. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm enough to scoop, beating two times with a fork or in a food processor during the freezing period. Serve.