|Ingredients (approximately 30 cookies)
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pure roasted sesame oil
¼ teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
50g Torto Black Sesame Dessert mix
¼ cup granulated sugar, extra (for rolling the cookies)
1. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the package of black sesame dessert mix; the sesame oil, salt and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
3. Add the egg and continue beating until thoroughly incorporated.
4. Stir in the flour and mix only until combined.
5. Lay a large piece of parchment out on the counter and turn out the cookie dough on to the parchment. Shape the dough into a log with your hands, using the parchment to help form the log. The log should be approximately 2 inches in diameter. Bring the log to the long edge of the parchment and roll up the parchment, with the dough-log inside. Lightly twist each end of the parchment and refrigerate the dough until firm, about 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F. Adjust oven rack to centre. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
7. Take out the refrigerated cookie dough and using a sharp or serrated knife, slice rounds from the log about 3/8 inch (1cm) wide.
8. With the ¼ cup extra sugar placed in a bowl or plastic bag, take each slice of dough and dip it in the sugar until coated.
Place the cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, approximately 12-15 minutes.